- The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor supports audio from a variety of sources, AES/EBU digital audio, balanced and unbalanced analog audio, as well as audio embedded in the SDI stream. You can monitor 2 channels of audio at a time, and even select stereo pairs from the 16 channels in the SDI signal.
- SDI loop through supports 16-channel embedded audio, and the unit outputs 2 channels of embedded audio in the HDMI output stream.
Front Panel Control and Features
- The 2-channel audio meters are selectable between VU and PPM, and show a range of -45 to +3 dB in 27 steps. The audio level meter brightness is adjustable so the meters are easy to read in either bright or dark environments.
- An illuminated keypad on the front panel, allows you to select audio inputs, isolate left and right audio channels, mute, and select audio channels to monitor from within the SDI stream.
- The scroll wheel works as a volume control knob.
- Two full-range speakers and two subwoofers combine to provide audio that is rich in low frequency and provides sharpness in mid and high ranges.
- When you are working with SDI video input you can use the Blackmagic Audio Monitor to convert from SDI to HDMI for monitoring with big screen televisions or video projectors. The unit automatically switches between SD, HD, and even Ultra HD 4K. You can monitor in high resolution Ultra HD 4K using the HDMI 4K output with only a single HDMI cable or you can connect a regular HDTV and use the unit's built-in Ultra HD 4K to HD down conversion.
- You can also monitor video on the built-in 2.1" LCD panel, which displays video format, audio type, audio channels and volume level.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal dedicated Dolby slot so you can add an available Dolby decoder module. The Dolby decoder supports Dolby Digital and AC-3 decoding for 5.1 surround sound monitoring from either the 6G-SDI video input or the AES/EBU audio input
- The 1RU height of the Audio Monitor makes it ideal for use in either a post production rack system, location production case, or control or mixing room. The built-in rack mount ears make for hassle free mounting into available standard rack systems.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal power supply, and runs off of 110-240 V AC at 50/60 Hz.