Harnessing the latest 4K/HD recorder, monitor and playback technologies the Shogun Studio enhances existing HD workflows and provides an affordable rack mount solution for creating 4K Masters.
- Dual Monitors in a Rackmount Chassis
- The Shogun Studio installs two Shogun monitors in a 3 RU rackmount chassis, with removable rackmount ears. This configuration is suitable for live event, studio, on-set and Broadcast professionals.
- Record UHD 4K & Raw Video
- Bypass your camera's internal compression and record UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) video to Apple ProRes over HDMI or 12G-SDI at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, or 30 fps. The 4K-capable HDMI input makes the Shogun particularly useful for recording 4K output signals from cameras such as the Sony a7S and Panasonic GH4.
- 1080p up to 120 fps
- Record up to 120 fps in Full HD (1920 x 1080) for high-resolution slow-motion shots.
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 Recording
- Record in 4:2:2 Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD or DNxHR formats from your camera's uncompressed SDI or HDMI output, bypassing a round of internal compression and data loss. Uncompressed Cinema DNG Raw 4K video is also supported from capable cameras.
- 7" IPS Touchscreen Monitor with Rec. 709 Color Calibration
- Each of the monitors incorporate a 7" IPS screen features a 1920 x 1200 resolution and provides a wide viewing-angle of 178° for easier off-axis monitoring. Each screen is calibrated to SMPTE Rec. 709 with 100% gamut and D65 white point, letting you monitor your colors with confidence. A standard Canon C-Log calibration is also available for use with Canon EOS Cinema cameras, so you won't have to look at flat, washed-out looking images on set. ON-the-fly re-calibration is available with the Atomos Spyder calibration tool, sold separately.
- 3D LUT Support
- You can preview looks on set thanks to the ability to load 3D LUTs onto the Shogun. Simply load Cube files on an SSD and access via the "Display Options" button on the home screen.
- HDD or SSD Storage
- Record to single or raided 2.5" HDDs or SSDs for faster more reliable write speeds to manage 4K recording. A 2TB raided drive will give your over 5 hours of continuous 4K recording in 4K ProRes 422 HQ.
- Monitoring Tools
- The Shogun offers a comprehensive set of tools to help you set up, focus, and properly exposure your shots. These tools include a full waveform monitor, RGB parade display, luma overlay, vectorscope with zoom, and a test pattern generator for signal calibration. The monitor also provides focus peaking with multiple levels and colors, false color in two modes, and fully adjustable zebra from 0 to 100%.
- Supports Video Playback
- You can review what you've shot thanks to in-device video playback. The touchscreen interface allows you to navigate clips and provides softkeys to play, pause, rewind, and stop footage. Additionally, the playback will display a preview frame of the selected clip in the file browser.
- 4K to HD Down-Conversion
- 4K signals can be internally down-converted and output at 1080p resolution in the same frame rate as the input. This enables secondary monitoring on an HD field monitor, or recording a lower resolution proxy copy to a second recording device
- Start/Stop Trigger
- Trigger record start/stop and record time code straight from the camera with Atomos' HDMI time code trigger protocols from Sony, Canon, and other cameras. Over SDI you have full support of all protocols. You also have control over file naming, for automatic backup and version control of your footage.
Note: The SDI trigger is manufacturer-specific - you will need to select your camera make from the menu to enable
- Optional CFast Adapter
- Record to small, lightweight, and highly reliable CFast media cards using the optional SATA to CFast adaptor.
- Create FCPX XML Projects
- Create Final Cut Pro X XML projects in the field so you are ready to edit straight away. Favorite/reject flags in the metadata let you quickly finding and uploading the best shots into FCPX or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Genlock Support
- Lock to an external Genlock reference signal to synchronize the Shogun's SDI playout when using multi-camera setups.
- Time Code
- The Shogun lets you synchronize with your camera's time code. Record Run, Free Run, and Time-of-Day time codes are also available for independent external recording.