The Cube 155 is an HD video encoder for HD-SDI sources. This particular unit streams via Ethernet, 2.4/5GHZ WiFi, or a single 3G/4G LTE USB dongle to Teradek decoders, iOS devices, or content delivery networks.
The Cube 155 includes all of the same great features of the original Cube such as a low power compact aluminum chassis, comprehensive transport protocol support (RTP / RTSP / RTMP / MPEG-TS*), and compatibility with any streaming video platform.
*MPEG-TS sold separately
To bring Cube to the next level, Teradek has added a variety of important new features such as:
Cube's new OLED enables users to rapidly change and review the settings of their unit in addition to providing real-time feedback for filenames, recording status, and wireless connectivity. No longer are computers or iPads needed for configuration; every feature is a simple click away.
Cube's built-in Li-ION battery will give users up to 2 hours of runtime, which allows for seamless battery swapping or quick broadcasts. The battery can also be charged from an AC adapter or even a suitable external battery such as an Anton Bauer.
MIMO Access Point
The new MIMO access point feature greatly improves wireless performance and enables special features such as wireless camera control for devices without a WiFi capability built in, and ensures improved connectivity from an iPad or Android tablets.
Cube now comes with a headphone output for immediate audio monitoring.
The micro SD slot enables Cube to save on-board proxy recordings in real time. The recorded files (.mov or .mp4) are automatically synced with your proxy server over WiFi or cellular connections.
Cube's micro USB port will charge the new internal battery.
The new Cube also supports dozens of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), including Ustream, Justin.tv, Livestream, Youtube Live, and many others.
Click on each category to see the relevant tech specs OR click this button:
• ~bullet~Single Input: HDMI
• HD-SDI, SD-SDI: BNC
• ~bullet~Bonding (with Bond module)
• Requires Bond Module for Encoders
Supported Input Resolutions -
• 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
• 1080i 50/59.94/60
• 1080PsF 23/24/25/29/30
• 720p 50/59.94/60
Video Processing -
• H.264, Baseline, Main and High Profile
Supported Video Bitrate Summary
• ~bullet~Up to 10 Mbits/s
Supported Video Bitrate
• 250 Kbps to 10 Mbps
Test Pattern Generator Support
Video Format Conversion Support
• Built in Video Scaler and Deinterlacer
Protocol Support -
• TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP
Supported Video Transport Protocols Summary
• ~bullet~RTMP,MPEG-TS, HLS, RTP/RTSP, TDS
Supported Video Transport Protocols
• RTP, RTSP, RTSP over HTTP
• MPEG-TS (MPEG-TS is an optional paid license)
Remote Control Summary
• ~bullet~Core Compatible
• Teradek Core
Api Level Integration
• Ustream, YouTube Live, Facebook & new Livestream
Audio Processing -
• AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2
• Embedded Audio Input
• Analog Line or Mic in, adjustable gain
• Headphone output, adjustable volume
• 2.5"W x 3.5"D x .9"H [63.5 x 88.9 x 22.86mm]
• 8oz [226.8g]
• Milled Aluminum
• OLED LCD Display with joystick Navigation buttons
• Feature-rich WebUI for configuration and control
• On/Off and Reset Switch
• ~bullet~Micro SD Card Recording
• SD Card: Micro
Usb Interface Functionality
• Powered USB 2.0 host port
• ~bullet~WiFi, Ethernet, USB 3G/4G/LTE
• WiFi: 2.4/5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n MiMO
• USB 3G/4G Modem support**
Rf Channel Selection
• Auto with 3 modes: (2.4 or 5 Ghz), Auto (2.4 GHz only), Auto (5 Ghz only)